Sunday, March 22, 2015

Before They Let Me SaveYou

They would see me dead before they let me save you,
break you out of the spell of those that enslave you.
They would literally send me to my grave
before they let my words inspire you
but I still chose to be brave.
Speak thoughts of mine
from the mind
of the Creator
guide you to the right path
make you walk a little straighter.
They will fill your head with garbage
before they let me set you free
vilify my image
to keep you struggling and pillaging
They would literally see to it
that they continue the abuse
before they allow for my words
to untangle your noose.
Keep you waiting on a ghost
to avenge you with his rapture
keep you captured and obtuse
keep you confused.
They will keep you sedated
a zombie or robot
slander my name before you take heed
and place my body in a plot.
Shit, I'm telling you man
understand and be sure
you see they did it to Huey Newton
Tupac Shakur
they killed a King
JFK
Malcolm X
I mean the list can fill nations
They'd put a bullet in my head
before I could give you the information
before I could push you so we could get ahead
they would leave me breathless
before I could resurrect you from the dead.
acknowledge you
give you knowledge and truth
plug your ears
straighten your hair
lighten your skin
till you look like them!
They would like to change my vision
before I could snatch you out of their cave.
They will see me to my grave
before they ever let me save you.

Hatshepsut Amun Re


No comments:

Post a Comment