Thursday, November 12, 2015

Dear Black Man

Dear Black Man,
I hope this reaches you in great spirits, like the ones of your fathers
They built roads over the bones
that we use to travel over everyday
And now we rush to the plantations,
except they got computers now,
We facebook you, like you’re far away from the land that they took you!
And your kids are grown now
And it seems they forgot
They once called me God when I nurtured them from my breast
That you lust when you see me, hips spread like the ocean,
That they dragged your Queen over, shackled her in chains and collars and now your sons won’t bother
Left us raising Kings on our own
Praying the streets don’t suck him in, auction him off on them blocks he stands on
Everyday I shed tears for you I recall when you were royal
When you would die for your Queen
The children revered your every step,
 and it’s like we have nothing left
But we still make due
True, we sided with the devil he gives us bread and cheese to fight the hunger
It’s no wonder why we’re here
Still, like deep waters that holds the souls of our mothers
We conjure them when we face hard times
and honor them when we awaken but most of us are still asleep
And we’re carrying this load but our knees are getting weak, been slaving all week!
With your babies on our hips
No sleep at night when you’re gone
No forehead kisses, just wishes of you being there when it storms
And being there when its sunny
We miss you Black man, and your warrior stance
And we would have broken the steel bars if given the chance!
Beheaded the system but our machetes weren’t sharp
And I would give you my heart if I thought yours would stop beating
And I know you’re not beaten, not defeated or overcome
We just need you to come home so you can see the God in you
Streets got you blinded; a foot on your neck
Deck of cards stacked against you, the try hard to fence you in
Penitentiary filled
They said every 28 hours one of our sons are killed
And every day one of our daughters are raped
Left dead and forgotten,
rotten corpses and strange fruit.
Can’t you see the truth?
Nothing is ever what it seems
And the ancestors march with us, they assured me in my dreams
But we need you black man!
Sincerely,
 Your Black Queen

-Hatshepsut Amun Re






No comments:

Post a Comment