Thursday, August 9, 2018

Returned

I am the daughter of the Waters
Born from the pitch black with a veil to hide my secrets
I came back after my death in the flames
It was the fire that rebirthed me
Summoned me back here,
in the belly of the beast.
They call me High Priestess
The ones that hide between the winds
They told me that I was consumed in the fire and reborn
To avenge, to inspire, to create and be God
They call me the High Priestess
The ones who tip toe in the night
Who’s reflections go undetected in the mirrors on the walls
They gave me a gift when I emerged from the dark waters
Placed it into my hands, right here where no one can take it
Or see it
I am the daughter of the Waters
She gave me her eyes
cried waves of tears when I died in the flames washed clean
I made a covenant with the ones who hush the babies to sleep
the ones who guide us passed the danger and keep our hearts beating...
I am the child of the ancient ones; returned.
Descending from magicians
sorcerers
and medicine men
who stomp feet on hot grounds
and drain blood from sliced necks...
I have returned, they call me High Priestess

Hateshepsut Amun Re


No comments:

Post a Comment