Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Living In Hell

This world ain't all what's it's cracked up to be
bills stacked up 'til I can't see.
And the pavement spills blood like the sea,
the good die young, perish by threes.
See, they told me when I was young about a fiery lake
of burning sulfur
for the vile and vulgar
weeping eyes and gnashing teeth
where the soul dies long after bodies eternally sleep.
But I have seen!
I have seen the results of a burning soul,
a man dragged through hell 'til he ain't whole
and my eyes wept right here where I dwell,
so you can't tell me we ain't living in Hell!
The block is hot and the streets are flaming
bullets are flying, and the hands aren't aiming
so babies are dying, and father's are killed
and we don't give a damn about the blood that's spilled
the holes that get filled with decomposing bodies
disembodied flesh
everything's complexed
and we bomb the cities nevermind the mothers
rape the sisters and kill our own brothers.
Our daughters are growing got child bearing hips
that seduce the pedophile, drool fall from his lips.
And the devil? He walks around with the bible and a cross
giving his falsehood a moral gloss
and he don't blink, stop to think, or falter
when he decides to rape boys on an altar.
God is good! He is indeed!
But we so blind and don't take heed
Plead for mercy so much that I can't tell
that this world Im in is synonymous to Hell.
Can't get any worse
The killings, the upheavals
got me convinced that everyone is evil.
They all are demons
army of the commander
they slander and lie
causing mother's to cry.
But they tell me its a place worst than this
where the flames burn high
and souls repeatedly die
but how can I believe God can be so cruel
to put me in this world full of wicked souls and the malicious
only to throw me in Hell, is God this vicious?
I'm not so sure but I can't tell
can't convince me we ain't living in Hell.

Hatshepsut Amun Re

No comments:

Post a Comment