Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Breathing

I was born a woman, and I hate my skin.
Hate the burdens that I bear, and the places that I’ve been
They say I’m lucky that I’m breathing, well that there should be a sin
Because this life’s just too deceiving, no longer perceive what I believe in.
And the breaths I take now hesitate, the tears they wont stop falling
My heart it shutters…soul melts like butter, the demons wont stop calling
And this lonely place of mine is filled with faces that look the same
Pay a price for a piece of me, yet I’m the one to blame.
And the world around me is silent, while they’re drunk from the elixir
Won’t speak out against the violence, yet so quick to judge a sister
Like I need to hear their vile thoughts on top of all my shame
And this created mass of land is slowly decomposing, and we keep fanning the flame
The truth their not exposing, left me in the cold and freezing…greater later? Im not believing wish my mind would stop opposing so my lungs would just stop breathing.
And I know how this may sound but Ive never been in love with the world I mean look at what its become, look around at this slum. The women are now the men, and the men are magicians. Mysteriously they disappear, leave their children reminiscing and their sons grow up to be like them so what’s left for my daughters. The food they engineer and they’ve poisoned all the water. Cutting budgets from education so they can fund their wars, fuck books for my children they need guns that blow down doors. And the police must be clones the way they abuse their authority. Taking lives like it’s a game, slowly exterminating the minorities. And I have sons to raise keep praying they won’t play the dupe, praying they are not the target when these cowards decide to shoot. I can no longer trust a man it seems like they come but always leaving. Wish I could really call it quits, cut the shit and stop breathing…

No comments:

Post a Comment