Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Outside...

Desert storm and War on terror, terrorizing and spilling blood
Trying to impose a system of hate, all in the name of love
But there’s a war outside my window curtains, burdens and miseducation
Drugs and lies, decriminalized. the enemy’s here within this nation.
A war between the men and police, that beat the brains from their skulls
Cant keep shooting their bullets when the budget is low, an evil war in hopes that neither of their kids will grow.
And what about the war between the pheen and the dealer, it may seem odd but nothing here is realer than to poison another to pay support, end up shooting him dead because he came up short
And my children they fight in this war everyday, just to make it to school and cannot detour or short cut just keep walking forward cuz when the school bell rings someone else gets shot.
I am a POW, doing a bid in these four walls I call my home, I cant run east cant send the children west, its all been declared a combat zone. And the opposition can not be seen but they’re out to see us resting, carried in a hearse laid in the earth while the war continues with the priest and the boy he’s molesting.
There is a war outside, and I can see it so clearly so I arm myself with knowledge and power, they tell me God just doesn’t exist as if we are not living in the Final Hour
The war won’t end between the soul and the flesh, between the man and his child or the questions of why he left. All these wars, good against evil, silence against noise, politicians against the people. No white flags waving, no Private Ryan saving, just refugees looking for a safe haven. But there’s no where to run, and not one place to hide.
As we raise these new age soldiers for the war outside….

1 comment: